2.2K views

Experian is currently promoting a deep web scan for your email and it sounds like a scam because I have submitted a second email and each time at the end of the scan you get the message "Check your email for a link to your Dark Web report" but when you check your email nothing is there. They probably design this method as a way to capture emails.

This is kinda misleading. I did one email yesterday and never get the email they promise to send and I did another just in case and that too did not work. Browsed through their site for a contact form or email to submit complain but there was none.

Hopefully they can find this review and rectify the issue. www.experian.com/scan

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

I tried the free dark web scan and I received the email with the scan results, however, the scan results will not load and display. I tried this using a different email with the same results.

I also attempted to run the dark web scan with no results that I could see. I received an email with the subject line "Dark Web email scan results" and it was just a blank page.

I received the same email. When I contacted Experian customer service to ask what was wrong it took them more than a week to respond. Their response read like an official blow off response (see below):

Thank you for contacting Experian about the email you received. I apologize for the delayed response.

Please check your email settings, as some email providers will block incoming emails for various reasons.

You may contact your provider or provide us with a new email address from a different provider if you wish.

Again, I am sorry for any concern this has caused and hope you find this information helpful. Have a wonderful day.

If you have further questions, simply reply to this email or give our Customer Care team a call at 866-262-4968 Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

and Saturday and Sunday 8:00 a.m.

to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time.

I have tried twice with the same experience. Now wonder who else has my info...

Same thing happened to me, I also signed up for their free credit monitoring. What a hassle!!!

After numerous, and I mean numerous attempts, it said I was registered and to sign in with my password. But the problem was, I never did sign in and enter a password, how much more incompetent can a company be.

i HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE