Update by user Jun 16, 2015

Update and advice to anyone who has had the same problem with Experian: I also sent them a Tweet yesterday about the problem and was contacted immediately by someone from a different department than whom I had spoken with when I originally called. This person was very apologetic and immediately issued me a refund. Seems like once you use social media to give them bad PR, they do listen.

Original review posted by user Jun 15, 2015

The "fine print" on the website stating that the $1 report will turn into a full membership after 7 days is not connected in anyway to the marketing headlines.There is no asterisk after the headlines or call-to-action buttons which say "Get your credit report for $1" alerting consumers to take a look at the fine print.

I get that it is the consumer's responsibility to read everything thoroughly but it is the business's responsibility to not deceive its customers.

If not, then a refund from the company should be required.It's clear this business should have been shut down years ago since they have been in and out of law suits since 2005.

cherylkt wrote the review because of poor customer service at Experian and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $200 and wants Experian to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was unsolicited monthy membership, sneaky deceptive practices, customer care and poor website. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Experian and experian credit report for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Experian?

Comments