Update added by user Jun 16, 2015
Update and advice to anyone who has had the same problem with Experian: I also sent them a Tweet yesterday about the problem and was contacted immediately by someone from a different department than whom I had spoken with when I originally called. This person was very apologetic and immediately issued me a refund. Seems like once you use social media to give them bad PR, they do listen.
Original review posted by user Jun 15, 2015
The "fine print" on the website stating that the $1 report will turn into a full membership after 7 days is not connected in anyway to the marketing headlines.There is no asterisk after the headlines or call-to-action buttons which say "Get your credit report for $1" alerting consumers to take a look at the fine print.
I get that it is the consumer's responsibility to read everything thoroughly but it is the business's responsibility to not deceive its customers.
If not, then a refund from the company should be required.It's clear this business should have been shut down years ago since they have been in and out of law suits since 2005.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Unsolicited monthy membership
- Sneaky deceptive practices
- Customer care
- Poor website
- Fraudulent marketing
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Credit Report
- Review category
- Financial Services
You May Also Like
- " Nicholas Bilaczenko 1 second ago The Cause : Internet computer technology is flawed , NYSE computers are in principle no different to Home Personal Computer [PC] with 100's of..."
- "I was started trading on Aug 28 2015 with 1k then I made some profit and again my broker asked me to deposit 2k. Then after 1 day the..."
- "I was in a bad car accident that totaled my car on October 1st. (Accident was not my fault). At the time of the accident my loan balance was about..."
- "Molina withdrew $1066.02 from my checking account without my approval. This has caused a tremendous hardship to my payment obligations. My rent was due on Jan 1, 2015,..."
- "I bought two pieces of jewelery from this site & paid inflated shipping of $10.95 per piece (seller would not combine). The pictures grossly misrepresented the product. If you can..."
- "I am going to try to keep this short and to the point although it took several months and my talking to over 20 people to get absolutely nothing done!..."
- "My daughter calls me tonight stating that UDS delivered a package to our home, "between the 2 doors" on, I believe, 11/30/16. I look between the 2 doors and of..."
- "In 18 months time they burned up my yard the first year, I suffered the embarrassment of a dirt front yard for the whole summer 2015. They came back in..."
- "We decided to use Zerorez because they had a good reputation. We have a brand-new home (less than 4 months old) and we had some basic soiled marks in the..."