Update added by user Jun 16, 2015
Update and advice to anyone who has had the same problem with Experian: I also sent them a Tweet yesterday about the problem and was contacted immediately by someone from a different department than whom I had spoken with when I originally called. This person was very apologetic and immediately issued me a refund. Seems like once you use social media to give them bad PR, they do listen.
Original review posted by user Jun 15, 2015
The "fine print" on the website stating that the $1 report will turn into a full membership after 7 days is not connected in anyway to the marketing headlines.There is no asterisk after the headlines or call-to-action buttons which say "Get your credit report for $1" alerting consumers to take a look at the fine print.
I get that it is the consumer's responsibility to read everything thoroughly but it is the business's responsibility to not deceive its customers.
If not, then a refund from the company should be required.It's clear this business should have been shut down years ago since they have been in and out of law suits since 2005.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Unsolicited monthy membership
- Sneaky deceptive practices
- Customer care
- Poor website
- Fraudulent marketing
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Credit Report
- Review category
- Financial Services
You May Also Like
- "I was in a bad car accident that totaled my car on October 1st. (Accident was not my fault). At the time of the accident my loan balance was about..."
- "Back around my birthday, believe it or Not which was on Saturday, February 13, 2016, I tried to send my contractor a payment via Paypal and it would Not go..."
- "Hey it's me Liquid, I'll be posting anonymously cause I am in one of their offices, I write my reviews when I'm in Sacramento to fool them. But I received..."
- "We took our terrified little rescue dog, Sandy to a "training" facility to help him become more confident and socialized. The owner Catherine Sacks was given $4300 for..."
- "I ordered a 1000 thread count king size sheet set, 100% Egyptian Cotton sheet set and a goose-like down comforter. Impressed by the price of $49 on the sheet..."
- "The perfume scammers at Scentura won't give Investigative guy John Mattes a manager job.Why do they always kick him out from all the offices he goes to . What..."
- "Let’s start it all over because I think Airbnb don’t have any idea about the absurdness of what’s happening. Airbnb said that: “Airbnb really appreciates what I’ve been doing..."
- "I was reading around this site and found some disturbing reviews/comments from 800notes Users/Mods. I came across this review: freddys.pissedconsumer.com/freddys-pizza-review-from-denver-colorado-20161013936287.html I remembered seeing the name "Freddy Fazbear's" at 800notes while..."
- "We have two pieces of 30" Samsonite spinner luggage in the fall of 2010. This luggage has been fantastic. I could not tell you how many trips they have been..."