San Diego, California
100% full Not resolved

Update by user Jun 16, 2015

Update and advice to anyone who has had the same problem with Experian: I also sent them a Tweet yesterday about the problem and was contacted immediately by someone from a different department than whom I had spoken with when I originally called. This person was very apologetic and immediately issued me a refund. Seems like once you use social media to give them bad PR, they do listen.

Original review posted by user Jun 15, 2015

The "fine print" on the website stating that the $1 report will turn into a full membership after 7 days is not connected in anyway to the marketing headlines.There is no asterisk after the headlines or call-to-action buttons which say "Get your credit report for $1" alerting consumers to take a look at the fine print.

Related: Experian - Completely unethical business. Requested a credit report, automatically got enrolled in monthly service with no way to opt out. Total scam!

I get that it is the consumer's responsibility to read everything thoroughly but it is the business's responsibility to not deceive its customers.

If not, then a refund from the company should be required.It's clear this business should have been shut down years ago since they have been in and out of law suits since 2005.

Review about: Credit Report.

I didn't like: Unsolicited monthy membership, Sneaky deceptive practices, Customer care, Poor website, Fraudulent marketing.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Experian Credit Report
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $200
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Experian?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.